Epilepsy Therapeutics – Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017 now available at SandlerRe
Original Source: Epilepsy Therapeutics Market
Buy Now: Market Research >
Dallas, TX: SandlerResearch announce it will carry Epilepsy Therapeutics – Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017 Market Research Report in its Store.
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, Epilepsy – Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global Epilepsy market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global Epilepsy market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global Epilepsy sector.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalDatas team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimates the global epilepsy market to be worth $8.7 billion in 2009, and is forecast to register a modest growth of 0.4% annually to reach $9 billion by 2017. The major factor to stagnate the growth is generic erosion of leading second generation antiepileptic drugs following patent expiry in 2010 and 2013. The market is forecasted to register a decline owing to competition from generics which is predicted to increase over the next two years. Increasing penetration and availability of generics continue to contribute to the barrier to entry for prospective players. The major drivers in the market are expected to be those featuring more convenient dosing with the launch of extended release formulation and a purported improved safety profile of drugs such as eslicarbazepine, (Sepracor), E2007 (Eisai); Rikelta (brivaracetam, UCB), which are expected to be launched in the market in few years. Second generation epileptic drugs such as levetiracetam and Vimpat are expected to drive the value of epileptic market.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the Epilepsy market. Its scope includes:
– Annualized global Epilepsy market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
– Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as Ion Channel Inhibitor, GABA Modulators, Acetylcholine Agonist, Sigma 1 receptor agonist, Caspase-1 Inhibitor, Potassium Channel Opener, AMPA receptor antagonist, and Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor
– Analysis of the current and future competition in the global Epilepsy market. Key market players covered are UCB, Eisai, Supernus Pharma, Lundbeck, GSK, Johnson & Johnson, Upsher-Smith Labs, King Pharma, Nobelpharma, CyDex Pharma, and Sepracor Inc.
– Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the Epilepsy therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Epilepsy market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global Epilepsy market in future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
– Whats the next big thing in the global Epilepsy market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.
Browse complete Report on: Epilepsy Therapeutics – Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
1 Table of Contents 3
1.1 List of Tables 5
1.2 List of Figures 5
2 Epilepsy Disease Overview 6
2.1 Epileptic Seizures Are Typically Classified Into Categories 6
2.1.1 Partial seizures 6
2.1.2 Generalized seizures 6
2.1.3 Unclassified seizures 7
2.1.4 Infantile spasms 7
2.2 Diagnoses Of Patient With Epilepsy 7
2.2.1 Use of EEG in the Diagnosis and Classification of Epilepsy 7
2.2.2 Brain Imaging 7
2.3 Treatment Of Patient With Epilepsy 8
2.3.1 Antiepileptic Drug Monotherapy 8
2.3.2 Management of Drug-Resistant Epilepsy 8
2.4 GlobalData Pipeline Report Guidance 8
3 Epilepsy Therapeutics Market: Market Characterization 9
3.1 Overview 9
3.2 Epilepsy Market Size 9
3.3 Epilepsy Market Forecast and CAGR 11
3.4 Drivers and Barriers for the Epilepsy Therapeutics Market 12
3.4.1 Drivers for the Epilepsy Therapeutics Market 12
3.4.2 Barriers for the Epilepsy Therapeutics Market 12
3.5 Opportunity and Unmet Need 13
3.6 Key Takeaway 15
4 Epilepsy Therapeutics Market: Competitive Assessment 16
4.1 Overview 16
4.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 16
4.3 Product Profile for the Major Marketed Products in the Epilepsy Market 17
4.3.1 Lyrica (Pregabalin) 17
4.3.2 Gabitril (Tiagabine Hcl) 18
4.3.3 Banzel (Rufinamide) 19
4.3.4 Vimpat (Lacosamide) 20
4.3.5 Felbatol (Felbamate) 21
4.3.6 Sabril (Vigabatrin) 23
4.4 Key Takeaway 25
5 Epilepsy Therapeutics Market: Pipeline Assessment 26
5.1 Overview 26
5.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment 26
5.2.1 Technology Trends Analytic Framework 26
5.3 Epilepsy Therapeutics Market Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 28
5.4 Molecule Profile for Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 29
5.4.1 Stedesa (Eslicarbazepine Acetate) 29
5.4.2 Comfyde (Carisbamate) 30
5.4.3 Retigabine 31
5.4.4 Brivaracetam 32
5.4.5 Ganaxolone 33
5.4.6 E2007 (Perampanel) 34
5.5 Epilepsy Therapeutics Market Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action 35
5.6 Epilepsy Pipeline Pipeline by Clinical Phases of Development 36
5.6.1 Epilepsy Therapeutics Market Regulatory and Phase III Clinical Pipeline 36
5.6.2 Epilepsy Therapeutics Market Phase II Clinical Pipeline 37
5.6.3 Epilepsy Therapeutics Market Phase I Clinical Pipeline 37
5.6.4 Epilepsy Therapeutics Market Preclinical Pipeline 38
5.7 Key Takeaway 38
6 Epilepsy Therapeutics Market: Implications for Future Market Competition 39
7 Epilepsy Therapeutics Market: Future Players in the Epilepsy Market 41
7.1 Introduction 41
7.2 GlaxoSmithKline plc 42
7.2.1 Overview 42
7.2.2 CNS Portfolio 42
7.2.3 Epilepsy Portfolio 44
7.3 UCB Pharmaceuticals 45
7.3.1 Overview 45
7.3.2 CNS Portfolio 45
7.3.3 Epilepsy Product Portfolio 46
7.4 Johnson & Johnson 47
7.4.1 Overview 47
7.4.2 CNS Portfolio 48
7.4.3 Epilepsy Product Portfolio 49
7.5 Pfizer Inc. 50
7.5.1 Overview 50
7.5.2 CNS Portfolio 50
7.5.3 Epilepsy Product Portfolio 52
7.6 Sepracor Inc 53
7.6.1 Overview 53
7.6.2 CNS Portfolio 53
7.6.3 Epilepsy Product Portfolio 53
7.7 Supernus Pharmaceuticals Inc 55
7.7.1 Overview 55
7.7.2 CNS Portfolio 55
7.7.3 Epilepsy Product Portfolio 55
8 Epilepsy Therapeutics Market: Appendix 56
8.1 Market Definitions 56
8.2 Abbreviations 56
8.3 Research Methodology 57
8.3.1 Coverage 57
8.3.2 Secondary Research 57
8.3.3 Forecasting 58
8.3.4 Primary Research 61
8.3.5 Expert Panel validation 61
8.4 Contact Us 61
8.5 Disclaimer 61
8.6 Sources 62
Browse all Healthcare Market Research Reports on:
Browse all GlobalData Market Research Reports on:
Browse all Newly Published Market Research Reports on:
Brain Hemorrhage Therapeutics Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
Influenza Vaccines – Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) – Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
Head and Neck Cancer – Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecast to 2017
Rheumatoid Arthritis – Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
Sandler Research houses a comprehensive online library of more than 10,000 reports, in-depth market research studies of 5000+ micro markets, and 25 industry specific websites. The reports are analytically and statistically rich, and offer a comprehensive view of the dynamic market scenario across the globe.
Our client list boasts of many eminent publishers of such reports from across the world. As a third-party reseller of market research reports, we employ various marketing tools, such as press releases, email-marketing and effective search-engine optimization techniques, in order to generate better revenues for our clients, entailing positive and robust results.
We also provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers.
7557 Rambler road,
Suite 727, Dallas, TX 75231